After updating a website containing custom extensions built by the extension_builder I encountered the problem of my text fields not showing the RTE anymore.
I don’t really know why, but I found the difference in how TCA settings of tables are in the extension_builder Typo3 6.2 version worked different then in Typo3 7 version. I changed my TCA settings to the latter version and it worked.
Before Typo3 7:
The ‘ctrl’ part is located in ext_tables.php and die field configs are included from a different file in Configuration/TCA/
$GLOBALS['TCA']['tx_yourext_domain_model_yourtable'] = array( 'ctrl' => array( ... 'dynamicConfigFile' => \TYPO3\CMS\Core\Utility\ExtensionManagementUtility::extPath($_EXTKEY) . 'Configuration/TCA/YourTable.php', ... ) );
$GLOBALS['TCA']['tx_yourext_domain_model_yourtable'] = array( 'interface' ... 'types' ... 'palettes' ... 'columns' ... );
In TYPO3 7:
All of the table configuration array settings are set in the external tca file, which is automatically loaded from within the Configuration/TCA/ if it has the same filename as the table, in our case ‘tx_yourext_domain_model_yourtable’. This file returns an array containing all configuration settings.
return array( 'ctrl' ... 'interface' ... 'types' ... 'palettes' ... 'columns' ... );